Tuesday, March 18, 2008

South Korea

South Korea it Is!!! In August I depart for one year of teaching English as an Instructor at the Chungdahm Institute. I can start my career when I come back. If I come back. Who knows?! But either way, I am excited. Especially since I found out that two people from U of R have been there for 2 years on the same program and love it! One of them, Brielle, I was friendly with when she was in Rochester so that makes it so much nicer to know that at least I have a girl friend there and I'm not entirely sola. I have been reading up on the program on the net, and there has been alot of negative feedback about the housing, pay, and training. It said the accomodations they set you up with are small: whatever I live in a Manhattan apt, cant get much smaller than that! Also, the pay is not always on time: whatever as long as I get it eventually, it will stop me from spending it so quickly! The training is pointless: American teaching programs just hand you a book and tell you "go teach"! This is a bit more involved...So now that I have rationalized all these negative things, I am ready for my wonderful summer in NYC YAY